The Naval Air Systems Command located at Patuxent River MD is seeking Materials Engineers for its Metals and Ceramics branch. U.S. citizenship is required.
The Materials Engineering Division provides full life-cycle, research, development, acquisition, and in-service engineering of aerospace materials for Naval aviation products. The Materials Engineering Division provides engineering products and services for air vehicle structure, subsystems, propulsion, avionics, sensors, weapons, targets, aircraft launch and recovery systems and ground support equipment.
Engineering activities include:
- Research and development of advanced materials and processes.
- S&T Programs and Initiatives for Materials Engineering.
- Assessment of Contractor proposed materials and process selection relative to acquisition program requirements.
- Selection, qualification, and safety-of-flight certification of advanced materials, manufacturing, and maintenance technologies.
- Technical oversight, quality control and manufacturing engineering services for the manufacture and repair of NAVAIR assets.
- Full range of Materials Engineering Laboratory services for the testing, identification and characterization of materials (Metals, Ceramics, Composites, etc.).
- Laboratory testing services for aerospace materials in accordance with Government and Industry Standards.
- Failure analysis and Engineering Investigation support services including Mishap Investigations.
The Materials Engineering Division utilizes its expertise to solve problems and develop solutions for many customers and clients. A position is available in the Metals and Ceramics Branch. The applicant will work multiple tasks that may include applied research and acquisition support. The applicant will receive training to operate equipment that may include: SEM, TEM, X-ray, MTS test frames…
Please forward your resume and transcript to: email@example.com
Robert W. Kowalik
Metals & Ceramics Branch Head